venerdì 9 aprile 2010

Breiles


amazing photo by edwardandlilly.com
-
Yes, this is another HomeStart update! Today M. and I went to the Vrouw en Kind Centrum. Not as helper+helped, but as two friends wanting to try something together: knitting!!! Baby number three is coming soon, so it was good we gave this a try before the logistics of how to carry three children take over!
Read more
Okokok...in the end I didn't even TOUCH the needles: little Mo. (almost 2 years old) was too shocked by the fact that his mum wouldn't hold him in her lap...in the end he bore with me while I showered him with paper boats, teddy bears and cardboard booklets (he didn't want anything to do with the other kids in the playroom, nor with the volunteers who try to keep at bay the kids of the members of this detachment of the KCSS -Knitting and Crocheting Secret Society). What a joy to see M. trying to cast on, and making her first rows of knitted work. She is always busy with the children, the house, the cooking...when she suggested we went together to this lesson, I said immediately yes! When do I ever find such an opportunity of making her try something outside her family, her Sudanese network and the four walls of her home?! And yes, I don't have any knitting needles anymore: I invested my only pair in the dreams of my friend, but my birthday is approaching fast...I think I'll treat myself to a set of circular needles!


Ebbene si, questo e' un altro aggiornamento sul mio lavoro (!!!) da HomeStart. Oggi M. ed io siamo state al Vrouw en Kind Centrum. Non come aiutante+aiutata ma come due amiche che vogliono condividere una esperienza nuova: la sferruzzata! Il baby numero tre arriva tra poche settimane, quindi va giusto bene esser riuscite a fare i primi punti prima che i problemi logistici di trasporto di tre creature (Ah., Mo. e numero3) prendano il sopravvento!
Read more
Okokok...alla fine io gli aghi nemmeno li ho toccati! il piccolo Mo (quasi due anni) era troppo sconvolto dal fatto che mamma non lo potesse tenere in braccio in un ambiente nuovo, e a malapena mi ha sopportata mentre gli propinavo barchette di carta, orsacchiotti e libretti cartonati (non e'voluto andare insieme agli altri bimbi della sala giochi dove altre volontarie intrattengono i pupi di chi fa chiaramente parte della SSUS - Societa' Segreta dell'Uncinetto e Sferruzzata. Ma che soddisfazione vedere M. mentre sferruzza i suoi primi incerti rovesci! Sempre a badare ai bimbi, alla casa, al cibo...Quando mi ha proposto di andare insieme alla breiles, non me lo sono fatta chiedere due volte! E quando mi capitava un altra occasione per farle provare qualcosa al di fuori della sua famiglia, del suo network sudanese, delle quattro mura di casa?
Eppoi si, non ho piu' i miei aghi da maglia: ho investito il mio unico paio nei sogni della mia amica. Ma il mio compleanno si avvicina...potro' ben regalarmi un set di aghi circolari, no?

-

Nessun commento: