venerdì 15 gennaio 2010

CALPIS


MFJ drank it as a child, MFSJ loves it and I always complain that being liquid, it's not that easy to transport it from the other side of the Ocean...ladies and gentlemen, we are talking about Calpis!!! MFJ's Aunt sent us a carton for Xmas, and we are LUCKY that the stuff needs to be diluted, so it might last us more than one day...
Read more

It's a dairy drink...tastes vaguely like super-diluted yoghurt, it's sweet and velvety. You must dilute it: with water (much more refreshing) or milk (still yummy)... and apparently (look at the picture) you can even drink it warm: yuk! warm yoghurt? I haven't tried, but I have the feeling that ice cold it's much better.
It's so difficult to get proper Japanese foods outside Japan without spending a fortune. Anyway: what do I do once this last carton runs out? I don't know why I didn't think about it before!!! I found a recipe!! I'm going to try it as soon as I can, so I can compare my concoction with the real thing and let you know...


Il MGP lo beveva da piccolo, la MSGP lo adora, mentre io mi lamento in continuazione che, essendo liquido, non si riesce a trasportarne grandi quantita' oltreoceano...singore e signori, stiamo parlando del Calpis!!! La zia del MGP ne ha mandato un cartone da mezzo litro per natale, e siamo super-fortunati perche' il Calpis si prepara per diluizione...cosi' magari ci dura piu' di un giorno...
Leggi tutto

E' una bevanda derivata dal latte...somiglia proprio allo yogurt diluito, ma e'dolce e vellutato. Va diluito in acqua (molto rinfrescante) o nel latte (bbbono!)...e, a quanto pare, lo si beve riscaldato in inverno (guardate la foto qui sopra): bleah! yogurt caldo? non ho provato, ma ho l'impressione che sia comunque piu' buono fresco. E' impossibile trovare manicaretti nipponici fuori dal Giappone senza spendere un capitale! comunque...che faccio quando il tanto amato cartoncino rilascia l'ultima goccia?! non so perche' non ci ho pensato prima...ma ho trovato la ricetta! la provero' in questi giorni, prima che il vero Calpis finisca...cosi' posso confrontarlo con la mia pozione...vi faro' sapere!

-

Nessun commento: